The Schwarzwald-Stadion, originally called Dreisamstadion, opened on September 4, 1954, as a football-dedicated stadium for Freiburg, Baden-Württemberg. The Bundesliga club SC Freiburg moved here in the early 1930s after abandoning the Winterer-Stadion. They needed a new home ground and facilities to get promoted in the league.
The stadium faced several controversies and had to undergo renovations as it no longer fulfills the UEFA guidelines for football stadiums. All UEFA European competitions with the home team that exceeds beyond the qualification phase require special authorization. Fortunately, after further reconstructions were completed, the Schwarzwald-Stadion can now host Football World Cup tournaments, Bundesliga matches, and literary events.
Home Team: SC Freiburg
Field Size: 114.7 x 64.4 yards