Originally known as the Städtisches Stadium, the Max-Morlock-Stadion is a venue located in Nuremberg, Germany—the second largest city in Bavaria. The stadium traced its history back in 1934 where the Hitler Youth used it as marching area and in 1934 where the fourth Deutsche Kampfspiele occurred, an event organized by the Nazi Sports Body. It was in 1963 when the stadium was reconditioned as the official venue for the Bundesliga.
Almost all types of sports events are being held here, and that includes the home matches of FC Nürnberg. The stadium is known for its multi-purpose facilities like areas for track and field, VIP areas, and rooms for press conferences. Most notably, the Max-Morlock-Stadion hosted five games of the 2006 FIFA World Cup, including the famous match between Portugal and Netherlands which was dubbed as the “Battle of Nuremberg”.
Home Team: Nürnberg
Field Size: 114.8 x 74.4 yards