Let’s take a look at the current NBA standings, along with the projected record, point differential, and odds to win the title, and conference.
- Currently the Warriors still set second in projected record (57-25) and fifth in point differential (+6.8), but despite their recent performances, they still remain top favorites to win the title at -150 odds.
- The refreshed Toronto Raptors are projected to have the league’s best record at 60-22, which comes with home-court advantage in every playoff series.
- As it stands, the team with the best current point differential is the Milwaukee Bucks at +9.2, and is projected for 55 wins and is 20-1 to win the title.
Western Conference standings and odds
- Again, the Warriors stand tall here and are favorites to win the West at -250 odds. They sit with +6.8 point differential despite facing difficulties without Steph Curry, who recently returned.
- The Houston Rockets are the only team with odds better than 10-1 even though they are 11-12 on the year with an underwhelming -0.2 point differential.
- LeBron James and his new team, the Los Angeles Lakers are level with Oklahoma City Thunder at 14-1 to win the West.
Eastern Conference standings and odds
- The Raptors are on a roll with a 20-5 record, and they boast an impressive +8.2 point differential. They’re the only franchise anticipated to win 60 games, and they’re +180 to win in the East.
- Meanwhile, the Celtics are a disappointing 13-10 after coming into the season with high expectations. They currently hold East’s third-highest point differential at +4.5 and second-best odds to win the conference (+9.2).
- Both the 76ers and Bucks are the only two other teams under 30-1. The Bucks are fourth in odds despite holding a 15-7 record and the league’s top point differential (+9.2).